Chairperson – Kirk Humphrey
Kirk joined the board of the KCEC in 2018. Kirk has owned several businesses including:
- Owner of Tassie Toners & Office Supplies
- Owner of Satay Shak
- He is based in Geeveston
- Has previously owned businesses on the mainland (Tint a Car)
- Sales Manager and General Sales Manager roles in the automotive industry for 20 years
- Takes an active roll in the Geeveston community
Deputy Chairperson – Mrs Sue Bastone
Sue joined the KCEC Board in 2016 as the representative of the Kingborough Council. Her professional background includes:
- 2014 – Present: working for the Premier of Tasmania’s office and a Councillor on the Kingborough Council
- Trained teacher and lecturer; various Australian and overseas institutions including:
- Teacher at Melbourne Teacher’s College
- Teacher at Scotch College and Haileybury College Melbourne
- Teacher at Sekolah Global Jaya Jakarta, Indonesia and was a member of the School Board and Executive committee
- Teacher Surabaya International School (America)
- Teacher Australian International School of Singapore
- Owner and manager of a successful Tasmanian based B&B and small vineyard from 2003 – 2011
Board Member – Mr Paul Chatterton
Paul has been a board member of the KCEC for 19 years, five years as treasurer and was 14 years as Chairman. He has 45 years of experience in the banking and finance industry and was a practice principal of a financial planning practice for 15 years. He is very involved in the local community as an active member on a number of boards and organisations including:
- Kingborough Councillor for 23 years, including Chairman of Governance and Finance Panel for 15 years and Member of the Audit Panel for three years.
- Board member of the Freemason Homes of Southern Tasmania for three years
- Chairman of the Kingston Men’s Shed for two years
- Board member of the North West Bay Golf Club for 18 years. Within these periods, he has held positions including president, vice president and treasurer.
Public Officer – Mr John Peterson
John has been a board member of the KCEC since 2006. He has recently retired and has enjoyed a varied professional career including:
- Owner and Managing Director of Victory Blinds for over 22 years
- General Manager of Victory Blinds (Australia)
- Hobart Manager of Evans Scott Pty Ltd
- Sales Manager of Sleepmaker (Dunlop Bedding) Tasmania
- Sales Manager Luxaflex Tasmania
- Sales Executive at the Mercury Newspaper
- Extensive board member involvement; more than 22 years experience as a member of the Kingston Rotary including holding the role of President and also as a Paul Harris Fellow.
Secretary – Ann Alderslade
Ann joined the Board of KCEC in 2018.
Ann had a long career in Library and Information Management in the Public Sector in mainland Australia.
During this time she was also a Teacher, Lecturer and Trainer
She has had extensive experience in Committee Work as President of both Professional and Industry related Groups.
She is currently the Owner of a Retail Business, Frangipani Fabrics, which she opened in Darwin in 2000, and relocated to Hobart in 2006.
Board Member – Anna Vincent
Anna joined the Board of KCEC in 2022.
Electorate Officer to the Hon. Nic Street, MP
Office of Nic Street, MP – Minister for Sport & Recreation, Minister for Community Services, Minister for Hospitality and Events, Minister for Local Government, Leader of the House and Liberal Member for Franklin.
February 2020 – Present
Electorate Officer to the Hon. Will Hodgman, MP
Office of The Hon. Will Hodgman, MP – Premier of Tasmania, Minister for Tourism, Hospitality and Events, Minister for Trade, Minister for Advanced Manufacturing and Defence Industries, Minister for the Prevention of Family Violence and Member for Franklin
March 2014 – February 2020
Electorate Officer to Will Hodgman, MP.
Office for The Hon. Will Hodgman, MP – Liberal Leader of the Opposition and Member for Franklin
March 2011 – March 2014
Treasurer – Scott Dufty
Scott joined the Board of KCEC in May 2023.
Board Member Scott Dufty has worked with businesses for over four decades, first through banking and finance for 23 years then for over 12 year’s working for our Enterprise Centre.
In between this, Scott has also owned, employed staff and run successful businesses giving him a sound understanding of Entrepreneurship.