Chairperson – Mrs Sue Bastone
Sue joined the KCEC Board in 2016 as the representative of the Kingborough Council. Her professional background includes:
- 2014 – Present: working for the Premier of Tasmania’s office and a Councillor on the Kingborough Council
- Trained teacher and lecturer; various Australian and overseas institutions including:
- Teacher at Melbourne Teacher’s College
- Teacher at Scotch College and Haileybury College Melbourne
- Teacher at Sekolah Global Jaya Jakarta, Indonesia and was a member of the School Board and Executive committee
- Teacher Surabaya International School (America)
- Teacher Australian International School of Singapore
- Owner and manager of a successful Tasmanian based B&B and small vineyard from 2003 – 2011
Deputy Chair – Kirk Humphrey
Kirk joined the board of the KCEC in 2018. Kirk has owned several businesses including:
- Owner of Tassie Toners & Office Supplies
- Owner of Satay Shak
- He is based in Geeveston
- Has previously owned businesses on the mainland (Tint a Car)
- Sales Manager and General Sales Manager roles in the automotive industry for 20 years
- Takes an active roll in the Geeveston community
Treasurer – Lynette Heywood
Lyn joined the Board of KCEC in 2018.
She has successfully established and a managed corporate communication businesses in Sydney servicing customers in Australia and abroad. This experience, underpinned by a Masters degree in Economics, has given her clear insight into the financial challenges faced by small business owners to achieve their lifestyle and business goals.
After moving to Tasmania she chose to follow her passion for finance by becoming a mortgage broker. Her strength lies in helping clients that others find difficult to finance.
Lyn is an active mentor with Mentorloop for SME businesses based in the Hobart region.
She is also passionate about health and wellness as a result of supporting her children through their involvement in soccer, athletics and outdoor activities.
In 2019, Lyn with her family embarked on a new business venture producing ghee under the brand Golden Heart Ghee. This has been rebranded to Gold 42 to enable expansion and the introduction of chocolates and snack-based products.
Board Member – Mr Paul Chatterton
Paul has been a board member of the KCEC for 19 years, five years as treasurer and was 14 years as Chairman. He has 45 years of experience in the banking and finance industry and was a practice principal of a financial planning practice for 15 years. He is very involved in the local community as an active member on a number of boards and organisations including:
- Kingborough Councillor for 23 years, including Chairman of Governance and Finance Panel for 15 years and Member of the Audit Panel for three years.
- Board member of the Freemason Homes of Southern Tasmania for three years
- Chairman of the Kingston Men’s Shed for two years
- Board member of the North West Bay Golf Club for 18 years. Within these periods, he has held positions including president, vice president and treasurer.
Public Officer – Mr John Peterson
John has been a board member of the KCEC since 2006. He has recently retired and has enjoyed a varied professional career including:
- Owner and Managing Director of Victory Blinds for over 22 years
- General Manager of Victory Blinds (Australia)
- Hobart Manager of Evans Scott Pty Ltd
- Sales Manager of Sleepmaker (Dunlop Bedding) Tasmania
- Sales Manager Luxaflex Tasmania
- Sales Executive at the Mercury Newspaper
- Extensive board member involvement; more than 22 years experience as a member of the Kingston Rotary including holding the role of President and also as a Paul Harris Fellow.
Board Member – Diana Carter
Di joined the Board of KCEC in 2019.
Di’s entrepreneurial nature led her to complete a Master’s in Business Administration after an initial science honours degree and many years working in University of Tasmania Public Relations. She successfully established and managed in Launceston the world’s first Tasmanian wine bar called Ursula’s in 2003-2006.
Di’s expertise in governance reflects her long-standing experience on NFP Boards in the community sector, previously as Chair of the Bereavement Care Network Tasmania, President of COTA Tasmania and of the Australian Association of Gerontology Tasmania and VP of Playgroups Australia. She was also appointed by the Minister for the Status of Women on to the Tasmanian Women’s Consultative Council.
Other voluntary Board roles at present include Vice-President of Dementia Friendly Tasmania, Secretary of Disability Voices Tasmania and member of the Kingborough Council Access Advisory Committee.
Currently, Di is Principal Consultant at Dynamic Initiatives working across the community, specialising in aged care and disability to improve organisational outcomes and to benefit the health and wellbeing of Tasmanians.
Secretary – Ann Alderslade
Ann joined the Board of KCEC in 2018.
Ann had a long career in Library and Information Management in the Public Sector in mainland Australia.
During this time she was also a Teacher, Lecturer and Trainer
She has had extensive experience in Committee Work as President of both Professional and Industry related Groups.
She is currently the Owner of a Retail Business, Frangipani Fabrics, which she opened in Darwin in 2000, and relocated to Hobart in 2006.